The Adam Audio S2V is a classic two-way nearfield monitor designed for use in small-to-medium-sized control rooms. The 7-inch bass driver, created from the ground up for the S Series, covers frequencies ranging from 35 Hz to 3 kHz and delivers a powerful, distortion-free low-end with a wide dynamic range. The carefully refined S-ART tweeter, handbuilt as ever at the ADAM Audio factory in Berlin, works seamlessly in tandem with the newly developed HPS waveguide, creating absolutely precise imaging within a generously proportioned sweet spot.
The S2V's compact dimensions belie its impressive power. A 300 W Class D amplifier drives the woofer while a 50 W Class A/B unit handles the S-ART tweeter; the combined output produces SPLs of up to 120dB per pair.
The S Series' custom-designed DSP optimizes the loudspeaker crossovers to create linear responses for the entire range, as well as providing user equalization and in-room tuning/voicing functions. The DSP also handles the limiter-based high-frequency driver protection, processes the signals from the AES3 digital inputs, and will in time facilitate various expansion options. Software updates can be carried out with ease via the associated USB port, which also allows users to connect computers and control the speakers' DSP functions via a software front-end.
With its highly accurate frequency response and balanced, razor-sharp imaging, the S2V allows users to pinpoint even the most subtle audio details, making it an ideal choice for use in demanding studio environments.
- 7" Woofer (Hexacone)
- Cumulated Amp. Power RMS: 350 W
- Frequency Response: 35 Hz - 50 kHz
- Max. SPL Per Pair at 1 m: >120 dB
- AES3 Digital Inputs And Various Expansion Options
- Allows longer operation with fewer signs of fatigue
- Their breakup is prevented by the folded diaphragms, distortions are effectively reduced to a minimum
- Advanced dynamic range due to acoustically effective diaphragm surface that is 2.5 times bigger (compared to a classic tweeter according to the piston principle)
- The air velocity ratio of 4:1 during the sound generation by folded S-ART membrane
- Direct, fast response in the high-range even with complex transients
- Makes dispersion more consistent and imaging more stable over a wider area
- Reduction of early reflections on the surfaces of, e.g. mixing consoles, desks, etc.
- Custom-built Extended Linear Excursion (ELE) bass drivers
- Accurate audio reproduction at an extremely high resolution thanks to the precision-designed relationship between its low weight, optimized inner damping and highly rigid HexaCone membrane, in conjunction with a basket which has been developed to eliminate unwanted resonance and distortion
- Allows the voice coil a maximum excursion three times greater than that offered by previous designs, with an extended, symmetrical magnetic field ensuring linear, low-distortion operation
- Power compression effects are prevented by an intelligent self-cooling system
- Vertical 2-way system with 7" woofer
- Very high resolution of the stereo image
- Bass reproduction with very low compression
- Allows positioning close to walls
- Highly efficient PWM ICE Power amplifier for the woofer coupled with an A/B amplifier for S-ART tweeter
- Low-distortion amplification at both low and high volume levels
- Unbiased reproduction in a wide frequency band
- Powerful, compression-free sound reproduction even at very high sound levels
- Perfect crossovers for optimal frequency response and maximum dynamic range
- EQ options and presets for in-room optimization
- Limiter-based amp protection, AES3 digital inputs and board connectors for future expansion options, together with a USB connector for software upgrades and computer-based control
- Analog XLR input
- Optimized for balanced line signals
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
Free International Shipping (FEDEX)
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free international shipping to most countries including Australia , Egypt , Turkey , Malaysia , South Africa , Morocco , Lebanon , Jordan , Chile , Brazil , Mexico , Argentina , Austria , Italy , Belgium , Philippines , Indonesia and Portugal.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).