Based on the famous studio staple the LA3A, the Opus3 delivers the authority of a leveling device and the simplicity you expect in a one knob compressor / limiter. Its solid state design and transformer circuitry bring a wonderful tone, while the hand selected optical cell provides predictable control that holds things in place without pumping or pinching your sound.
The Opus3 is an all discrete solid state design commonly referred to as a fixed gain circuit. The heart of the Opus3 is our custom hand matched optical attenuator, same one found in our world renowned 1000 mono and 1500 stereo limiters. It is an extremely valuable tracking tool, as well as mixing individual elements in mono or stereo (available in matched stereo pairs with racking kit included).
Anthony DeMaria Labs Opus-3 Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 1dB
- Clip Headroom: +28dBu
- Distortion THD-N: 0.19% @ +4dB
- Max Gain Reduction: 20dB
- Attack Time: Approximately 1.5ms
- Release Time: Approximately 1-2 secs
- Noise, unweighted: -85dBu
- Input / Output Impedence: 600 ohm
- Dimensions: 3.5" x 7.75" x 10.5"
- Fuse: 120V / 220V 0.063 amp slow blow 5x20mm
- Weight: 4 lbs (7 lbs boxed shipping weight)
- Power Consumption: 6 Watts
- Options: Stereo Rack Kit