The AKG C 214 is the younger brother of AKG's legendary C 414 condenser - the mic you've heard on thousands of hit records, on stage with countless artists, and on air from leading broadcast facilities all over the world. The affordable C 214 actually uses the same one-inch dual-capsule as the C 414 in a single-diaphgram, cardioid-only design. The result? Highly-detailed, up-front sound on both voices and instruments with an overall performance close to that of the famous C 414 B-XLS. Now you can get that epic AKG sound on any budget with the new C 214!AKG C 214 at a Glance
- Incredible Dynamic Range
- Use it on a Variety of Sources
- Quality AKG Construction
Incredible Dynamic Range
The AKG C 214 delivers AKG's classic large-diaphragm sound - and it's also capable of an impressive 143dB dynamic range for uncompressed, natural transients.
Use it on a Variety of Sources
If you want a premium vocal mic, you've found it with the AKG C 214. And, while it's well worth the investment for that quality alone, you'll find that the C 214 performs just as well on a variety instruments. Thanks to its switchable 20dB attenuation pad and low cut filter, the C 214 can be used in sound fields as high as 156dB SPL - you can use it on stage for close miking loud applications such as drum overheads, guitar amps, or high-output brass. Whatever your needs, the C 214 is an excellent mic to have on your side.
Quality AKG Construction
Built in Vienna, Austria, AKG mics are engineered from the ground up to truly perform. The C 214 features an integrated capsule suspension that reduces mechanical noise and resonances for even greater sonic accuracy. Plus, the double mesh, all-metal grille protects the capsule and ensures high RF immunity without affecting the mic's acoustical performance. This is one roadworthy mic, too - the C 214 features a modern scratch-resistant finish, dent-resistant metal grille, and gold-plated XLR output.
- Capsule: One Inch Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Frequency Range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Equivalent noise level: 13 dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Max. SPL: 136 / 156 dB SPL (0 / 20 dB Pad)
- Dynamic range: 123 / 143 dB-A (0 / 20 dB Pad)
- Low Cut Filter: 160 Hz, 6 dB/Octave, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 20 dB, switchable
- Phantom Power: 12 to 52 V (IEC 61938)
- Patents: AT 395.225, DE 4.103.784, JP 2.815.488
- Dimensions: 160 x 55 mm (6.3 x 2.2 in.)
- Net / Shipping Weight: 280 / 1450 g (0.62 / 3.22 lbs)
- Included Accessories: H 85 Shock Mount, W 214 Windscreen, Metal Carrying Case
The affordable AKG C 214 delivers that premium AKG sound!