The AKG C430 miniature condenser microphone is designed specifically for use as a cymbal and overhead microphone for drums. The miniature condenser design yeilds an impressive frequency response, ideal to handle a variety of applications. The cardioid polar pattern limits a significant amount of off-axis signal, making it easier to handle in noisy environments and where feed-back caused by near by monitor speakers may occur. The microphones EQ curve accentuate the frequency range of cymbals, there is no need for any additional EQ settings. It's compact light-weight design makes it portable and easy to mount.Tailored Signal Response The C430 offers a frequency and signal response tailor made for cymbal and drum overhead capturing. There is no need for additional EQ settings. Phantom & Battery Powered The microphone excepts 9 to 52 Volts from either battery or phantom Power source. Miniature Design The compact design gives the microphone its portability without sacrificing durability.
Specifically designed for cymbal and overhead miking, the frequency response of the C 430 ensures a uniquely crisp sound. With its extremely compact size, this microphone will keep a low profile in any application without compromising audio quality.
The major benefits of the C 430 include
• Frequency response tailored to cymbal and overhead miking
• Extremely compact, professional quality overhead MicroMic
• Phantom or battery powering options
• Easy to use with any mixer, with no need to use the EQ
• Trouble-free use on open-air stages
• Mounts securely on all commercial microphone stands
• Polar pattern: cardioid
• Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
• Sensitivity: 7 mV/Pa (-43 dBV)
• Max. SPL: 126/130 dB (k=1 %/3 %)
• Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-3): 33 dB-A
• Signal/noise rati (A-weighted) 61 dB
• Impedance: 200 ohms
• Recommended load impedance: >2000 ohms
• Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power
• Current consumption: approx. 2 mA
• Connector: 3-pin XLR
• Finish: matte black
• Dimensions: 19 dia. x 79 mm / 0.7 x 3.1 in.
• Net weight: 23 g / 1.1 oz.
• Shipping weight: 192 g / 6.8 oz.
- AKG C430 Condenser Microphone