The Alvarez-Yairi luthiers really had their work cut out for them when they set out to create a "next level" baritone acoustic with world-class tone & playability. The YB70 is the end result, and it's everything they wanted it to be -and then some!
With a forward-shifted, scalloped bracing system, the YB70 really roars, with a low B string that'll knock the wind out of you. An extended dovetail neck block and extended-length truss rod adds significant structural rigidity and stability. The direct-coupled ebony bridge plate creates a more efficient transfer of energy from the strings to the top, making the YB70 lively, vibrant, and responsive -never floppy or mushy like your typical de-tuned acoustic.
Alvarez YB70 Baritone Acoustic Guitar (with Case) Features
- Top: Solid AA Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Rosewood
- Shape: Baritone
- Neck: One piece mahogany
- Neck finish: 50/50 Semi-gloss finish
- Neck Joint: Dovetail, extended neck
- Neck meets body 14th Fret
- Bracing: FST2M, Forward Shifted, Scalloped X
- Bridge: Rosewood Direct Coupled
- Inlays: Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with 12th Abalone Fret Inlay
- Headstock Plate: Rosewood
- Nut & Saddle: Real Bone
- Tuners: Gotoh Gold
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Strings: D'Addario EXP
- Scale: 27 23/32"
- Number of frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1 23/32"
- Accessory: Deluxe wood case