Put Antelope Audio's pristine AD/DA conversion and massive effects processing power on your desktop with the Discrete 4 Synergy Core audio interface. A hot-rodded upgrade to Antelope's popular Discrete 4 audio interface, the Discrete 4 Synergy Core gives you dual DSP chips plus an FPGA processor working in harmony to run Antelope's expansive library of effects, as well as 3rd-party effects joining the Synergy Core platform. The Antelope Audio Discrete 4 Synergy Core interface offers 4 console-grade discrete mic preamps, 14 total inputs and 16 outputs, renowned Antelope digital clocking, and both Thunderbolt and USB connectivity for your Mac or PC. Best of all, the Discrete 4 Synergy Core comes with $3,000+ of Antelope's top effects plug-ins included free, so you can record, monitor, mix, and master your projects with world-class sound from start to finish.
With a price-to-performance ratio that goes toe-to-toe with any Thunderbolt or USB audio interface available, the Antelope Audio Discrete 4 is ideal for musicians, artists and producers who need a compact, road-ready recording setup that unlocks unprecedented power to create.
- Synergy Core - New Milestone Technology & Future-proof FX processing platform
- Best-in-class AD/DA conversion with 121 dB dynamic range
- 36 Synergy Core effects plug-ins included -- a $3,000+ value
- Sub-millisecond round-trip latency
- Antelope clocking technology on board with Word Clock output to keep your studio in sync
- Desktop USB/Thunderbolt audio interface with 4 console-grade mic preamps
- 4 XLR-1/4" combi inputs for mic/line/instrument sources
- L/R Monitor TRS 1/4" line outputs plus 4 TRS 1/4" line outs
- Expandable via S/PDIF and ADAT
- 35 effects expansions available separately, including AFX2DAW Bridge
- Alleffects can be automated in DAW without CPU load, thanks to AFX2DAW Bridge (Mac only)
- Hand-built in a road-worthy metal case
Under the hood, the Discrete 4 Synergy Core is loaded with twin DSP chips plus an FPGA processor that work together to run Antelope Audio's vast collection of vintage-inspired effects plug-ins -- without sapping power from your host Mac or PC. Synergy Core increases your recording rig's stability by offloading audio effects processing to your Discrete interface's dedicated chips. Adding the Discrete 4 Synergy Core to your system means your DAW can make more efficient use of available CPU power -- extending the life cycle of your existing Mac or PC, so you don't have to upgrade to a latest-spec computer just to run all your favorite plug-ins. With Antelope effects running on Antelope hardware, your system is optimized right out of the box -- allowing you to shorten your audio buffer size, reduce latency, eliminate clicks and pops, and free up your host computer to run CPU-heavy VST synths, samplers, and native time-based effects.
Antelope Audio's industry-leading FPGA audio processing platform gives you lower latency in effects chains, allowing you to stack effects while adding mere microseconds, not milliseconds, to your signal. The Discrete 4 Synergy Core fuses both FPGA + DSP chips in one Antelope audio interface, harnessing the parallel processing power of FPGA alongside the latest-generation state-of-the-art ARM DSP chips developed for cloud computing and mobile tech -- processors that deliver a faster clock rate than other DSP chips used in the audio interface market. This exclusive hybrid architecture offers computing power synergies unique to Antelope Audio, greatly expanding the variety of Antelope effects that can be developed -- including time-based delays, choruses, flangers, and beyond. Your Discrete 4 Synergy Core arrives loaded with 36 Antelope FX included free -- classic compressors, studio EQs, must-have reverbs, tube guitar amp models based on iconic vintage gear -- and all the processing power you need to run them!
A-to-D and D-to-A converters are at the heart of every DAW-based audio recording and playback system -- and your converters can make or break your studio. That's why the Antelope Audio Discrete 4 Synergy Core is loaded with proven, best-in-class AD/DA with 121 dB of dynamic range on the analog inputs and monitor outputs -- so you can capture and monitor your sound with Antelope clarity at up to 192 kHz/24-bit resolution.
The Discrete 4 Synergy Core offers all the same I/O as Antelope's hit original Discrete 4 interface. With both USB and Thunderbolt I/O, the Discrete 4 Synergy Core lets you choose how you want to connect to your Mac or Windows PC. On the front panel, you'll find two XLR-1/4" combi inputs with switchable mic/line/instrument preamps, and four independent headphone outputs -- enough for you and all the artists you're recording. Take a look at the back panel, and you'll see two more XLR-1/4" combi inputs, two 1/4" outputs to feed your monitors plus 4 more line outs to connect to outboard gear, ADAT and S/PDIF digital I/O via optical TOSlink, and two Word Clock outputs to get your studio in sync with Antelope's legendary digital clocking. Hand-built by Antelope engineers to give you extensive analog and digital I/O in a robust, compact unit, the Discrete 4 Synergy Core gives you serious bang for your I/O buck.
Top recording studios, film and broadcast facilities, and massive live productions rely on Antelope Audio master clocks like the OCX HD and Pure2 to maintain stability and sonic integrity in PCM digital audio. A reliable master clock lies at the heart of every pro studio, and the Discrete 4 Synergy Core wouldn't be an Antelope Audio interface if it didn't offer rock-solid clocking. Loaded with Antelope's 4th-Generation 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) jitter management algorithm, the Discrete 4 Synergy Core offers two 75-ohm BNC Word Clock outputs so you can expand your studio with more digital gear and clock it all to the Discrete 4 Synergy Core. Add Antelope's industry-leading digital clocking to your studio, and capture recordings with greater clarity, dimension and detail.
- Plugin 1: Gyraf Gyratec IX / Type: Tube Mic Preamp
- Plugin 2: VCA160 / Type: Compressor
- Plugin 3: Stay-Levin / Type: Compressor
- Plugin 4: FET-A76 / Type: FET Compressor
- Plugin 5: VEQ-1A / Type: Tube EQ
- Plugin 6: VMEQ-5 / Type: Tube EQ
- Plugin 7: X903 / Type: Compressor / Limiter
- Plugin 8: FeedForward Antelope Compressor / Type: Compressor
- Plugin 9: Clear Q / Type: Parametric EQ
- Plugin 10: Power EX / Type: Expander
- Plugin 11: VEQ-HLF / Type: Passive High/Low Filter
- Plugin 12: Auraverb / Type: Reverb
- Plugin 13: BA-31 / Type: Mic Preamp
- Plugin 14: Power Gate / Type: Gate
- Plugin 15: Plexi 59 (UK) / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 16: Bass SuperTube VR / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 17: Darkface 65 (US) / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 18: Top30 (UK) Bright / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 19: Tweed Deluxe (US) / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 20: Overange 120 (UK) / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 21: BurnSphere (DE) Lead / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 22: Marcus II (US) Lead / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 23: Modern (US) CH3 / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 24: Rock 75 (UK) / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 25: Rock 22.10 (UK) / Type: Tube Guitar Amp
- Plugin 26: Darkface 65 2x12 / Type: Guitar Cabinet
- Plugin 27: Bass SuperTube VR / Type: Guitar Cabinet
- Plugin 28: Darkface 65 (US) / Type: Guitar Cabinet
- Plugin 29: Top30 (UK) Bright / Type: Guitar Cabinet
- Plugin 30: Tweed Deluxe (US) / Type: Guitar Cabinet
- Plugin 31: Overange 120 (UK) / Type: Guitar Cabinet
- Plugin 32: BurnSphere (DE) Lead / Type: Guitar Cabinet
- Plugin 33: Marcus II (US) Lead / Type: Guitar Cabinet
- Plugin 34: Modern (US) CH3 / Type: Guitar Cabinet
- Plugin 35: Rock 75 (UK) / Type: Guitar Cabinet
- Plugin 36: Rock 22.10 (UK) / Type: Guitar Cabinet