The Audio-Technica AT4021 is versatile small-diaphragm condenser microphone that's perfect for both the studio and the stage. The AT4021's cardioid pickup pattern helps to improve isolation of your sound source, and an onboard switch lets you choose between a flat response, or a rolled-off response at 80Hz, to eliminate low-frequency rumble. It's a good choice for miking acoustic guitars or for using as a drum overhead microphone. Essential accessories, including a stand clamp, a windscreen, and a protective carrying case, are included with the Audio-Technica AT4021 small-diaphragm condenser microphone.Audio-Technica AT4021 Small-diaphragm Condenser Microphone at a Glance
- Studio and stage-worthy microphone, great for acoustic guitar and drums
- 10dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter, for tailoring the AT4021 to the source
Studio and stage-worthy microphone, great for acoustic guitar and drums
A member of Audio-Technica's rugged 40-series microphones, the AT4021 is a worthy choice for both stage- and studio-miking needs. It features a cardioid pickup pattern for excellent sonic isolation from other instruments, and its low self-noise keeps it usable in critical studio applications. You'll find the AT4021 to be an especially good choice for miking acoustic guitars, as well as for using as drum overhead microphones, in a pair.
10dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter, for tailoring the AT4021 to the source
The Audio-Technica AT4021 lets you tailor its response to whatever source you happen to be miking. Already, it features high SPL handling - 146dB - and, with its 10dB pad engaged, you can comfortably handle sources up to 156dB SPL, without distortion. This makes the AT4021 especially useful in drum-miking situations. What's more, an onboard highpass filter at 80Hz helps to take out the muddy low frequencies, giving you a cleaner sound when recording more articulate, high-frequency-emphasized instruments.
- Polar pickup pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Low-frequency Roll-off: 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34dB (19.9mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 146dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 156dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Self-noise: 14dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 132dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 80dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa
- Requires 48V phantom power
- Switches:Flat, roll-off; 10dB pad
- Weight: 4.2 oz.
- Dimensions: 5.67" long, .83" maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Included Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; protective carrying case
Choose the Audio-Technica AT4021 for a focused pickup pattern and flat response - on the stage or in the studio!