The STO-2 is a pressure transducer. So are your ears. No Coincidence. We started out looking for a natural sounding mic and this is what we came up with.
Sold in matched pairs, (two ears right?) the STO-2's are perfect for capturing instruments that need no flattery. With a matched pair, stereo is no problem - Jecklin disk or spaced pair - it will sound like you are standing there.
Avenson Audio STO-2 Specifications
- Transducer Type: 0.25" Electret condenser pressure
- Polar Pattern: Omni-Directional
- Output Level: 5.25 (mV/Pa)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+0/-2 db)
- Equivalent Noise (A-weighted): 28 dB
- Maximum SPL: 145 dB (with 48V powering)
- Output Impedance: 20Ω (load ≥ 1kΩ )
- Power Requirements: P48 phantom power (~6 mA)
- Weight: 3.6 oz (100 g)