Jeff Beck, The Who, Eric Clapton, Simon & Garfunkel, John Mayer - who hasn't Pino Paladino worked with? With a resume like that, you would assume that Pino's a consumate musician - and you'd be right. You'd probably also assume that his bass is something really special. Right again. The Fender Custom Shop has meticulously reproduced Pino's '62 Precision Bass in all its glory, complete with a lightweight alder body, C-shape, quartersawn maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, custom-wound pickup, tortoise shell pickguard, and flatwound strings. The Fender Custom Shop Pino Paladino Precision Bass. Take it from AudioBuy: just add chops, and you'll have everything you need to nail the sound of this renowned cross-genre bass wizard.
The Relic treatment gives you real deal visuals
Fender Custom Shop's Relic treatment creates instruments that are spittin' images of the originals, so much so that you'd be hard-pressed to distinguish the Pino Paladino from an original '62 Precision. It has a worn nitrocellulose lacquer finish that shows the natural wear and tear of years of heavy use, replete with nicks and scratches. Nitro finishes - standard back in the day - are significantly thinner than today's polyurethane finishes, allowing the instrument to "breathe." These finishes not only look and feel incredible; they also enhance the instrument's tonal qualities - giving you the look, feel - and sound of a well-played vintage classic. To complete the illusion, the Pino Paladino Precision Bass even sports oxidized hardware and aged plastic parts.
Fender Custom Shop Pino Paladino Precision Bass Features
- Select lightweight alder body, relic'd Fiesta Red nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- C-shape, quartersawn straight-grain maple neck with nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Rosewood fingerboard with 7.25" radius and 20 vintage-style frets and dot inlays
- Vintage-style split single-coil Precision Bass pickup
- Master Volume, Master Tone controls
- 4-saddle American Vintage Bass bridge
- Aged nickel/chrome hardware
- Aged 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard
- Knurled flat-top control knobs
- Thomastik-Infeld flatwound strings (.043 .056 .070 .100)
- Vintage-style slotted truss rod nut
- Vintage Tweed hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity included
- Includes strap, cable, 4-pack of custom shop picks, and polishing cloth
Nail it, with the Fender Custom Shop Pino Paladino Precision Bass!