A familiar silhouette with distinctive-looking and great-sounding pickups.
The G&L Comanche is Leo's final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe. Fact is, the first thing you'll notice about the Comanche is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Design Z-Coil pickups designed by Leo Fender himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
You'll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but what's surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the Comanche's PTB (Passive Treble and Bass) system. What's more, the Comanche includes a mini-toggle expander switch to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT Special.
Making the most of this delicious combo is Leo's Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
- Bolt-on construction
- 25-1/2" scale
- Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD Z-Coil hum-cancelling pickups
- Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood Fingerboard
- G&L C-shaped neck with 12" radius and 1 5/8" nut-width
- Graph-Tech self-lubricating nut
- 22 medium jumbo frets, nickel, Plek dressed
- 12:1 ratio, sealed-back tuners
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato with forged brass saddles
- 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system), mini-toggle expander switch enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together
Experience the genius of Leo's last contribution to the guitar-playing world.