The IK Multimedia Axe I/O is a professional 2-in/5-out audio interface -- and controller -- designed specifically with the needs of the recording guitarist in mind, providing best-in-class sound quality and powerful features aimed squarely at making your recordings faster, easier and better than ever.
AXE I/O’s main channel offers 3 different circuit topologies. That means you have 3 different options to adapt to any type of guitar, pick-up and style so you can always dial in the perfect tone from any instrument:
- PURE: The Pure setting offers a completely transparent and ultra-accurate instrument preamp that won’t color your sound in any way.
- JFET: a Class A JFET input buffer to add subtle harmonic enhancement. A slight midrange focus adds warmth, giving you more tonal options from the same instrument.
- ACTIVE pickups don’t require a Hi-Z input, so this setting bypasses unnecessary gain stages to keep your signal path as direct, transparent and clean as possible.
All three stages offer 117 dB dynamic range to ensure the cleanest signal. And the 3 Hz – 32 kHz frequency response preserves the full sonic impact of your instrument.
AXE I/O’s patent pending Z-TONE circuit lets you dial in impedance from 1 MOhm (“sharp”) down to 2.2 kOhms (“bold”) that interacts with your pick-ups. At the maximum impedance, you’ll find your sound tighter, sharper and more precise. Lighten the load and the sound becomes more thick and bold.
When it comes to recording with microphones, AXE I/O offers two PURE mic preamps designed for transparent and clean recording. These mic pres offer a wide, flat frequency response: 5 Hz to 32 kHz, 0.5 dB (at 96 kHz) to avoid unwanted coloration and perfectly preserve the sonic character of your acoustic guitar, piano or other instrument, and maintain the character of whichever mics you connect.
They offer 116 dB of dynamic range, for ultra-quiet sound perfect for recording even the most delicate instruments, but make it easy to also pull back and record the loudest amp stack.
AXE I/O offers a simple, streamlined re-amping setup in a single box, to save you time, money and energy and open up unlimited sonic flexibility for all your guitar recordings. Just record a track with a clean copy of your guitar’s signal. Now you can use the Amp out to experiment with different amp, stompbox and microphone settings, or swap out a whole new rig!
For those who prefer in-the-box modeling, AXE I/O also offers a range of useful features. First, a Preset knob lets you quickly and easily scroll through AmpliTube presets. The Preset knob can be freely assigned to any CC so you can have direct control of your preferred virtual rig. Second, two dedicated controller inputs let you connect up to two expression pedals or two single/double switches to control AmpliTube, or any other software, in real-time without putting your hands down.
Axe I/O also includes a powerful, convenient Control Panel application to manage inputs & outputs, assign routing & controller inputs. In the INTERFACE tab, you can select the active inputs digitally from the front to rear panels, so you can leave all your devices connected and switch between them from your laptop. Control gain, metering behavior, and more for both inputs and outputs, without ever needing to touch the physical unit. The CONTROLLER tab gives you control over the preset knob and 2 controller inputs. Set behavior, MIDI channel, MIDI CC #, minimum and maximum values, and more, to dial in the best settings for whatever application you want to control.
AXE I/O offers a massive bundle of over $/€1,000 of software and plug-ins, so you have everything you need to track, mix and master your music right out of the box. The included AmpliTube 4 Deluxe offers over 140 ultra-accurate models of guitar and bass amps, cabs, pedals, mics and more. You’ll also receive a selection of 10 of our most popular and best sounding T-RackS 5 Singles, covering the most popular processors for mixing guitar, bass, vocals and any other instrument, and mastering full tracks with a world-class sound.
AXE I/O also includes Ableton Live 10 Lite, a fresh and easy way to write music, record audio and produce your own songs.
- 2-in / 5-out (one low-noise Amp out)
- 2 ultra-low noise mic in/balanced line in
- Triple topology guitar input with Z-TONE
- 2 balanced monitor out / 2 line out
- Reference headphones out
- 2 fully configurable external control input
- MIDI input/output
- USB 2.0 compatible with Mac/PC
- AmpliTube 4 Deluxe: over 140 ultra- realistic models of iconic guitar amps, cabs, FX and more
- 10 T-RackS Singles for mixing instruments, including EQ, compressors, reverb, delays, mic modeling and more
- Ableton Live 10 Lite recording software
- Selectable Active/Passive/discrete JFET/Pure instrument preamp
- Patent-pending Z-Tone variable impedance Hi-Z input re-shapes the sound of instruments to dramatically re- shape the tone of your guitar, or precisely match the impedance of a virtual gear model
- Front-panel Amp Out for easy re-amping, with no need for a direct box and no ground loops or noise
- Front-panel 1/4" return lets you add external pedal FX without the need to re-wire rear inputs -- connect up to 2 expression pedals, single and double-switches
- Fully assignable data-knob to scroll through presets in AmpliTube 4 and other plug-ins, with freely assignable CCs 2 inputs for expression pedals or single/switches for real-time control over virtual rigs
- Built-in Tuner
- Rugged/compact metal housing
- High-resolution ultra low-noise Class A microphone preamps
- Best-in-class conversion and superior analog design
- Asynchronous USB audio, ultra low conversion jitters for premium quality
- 117dB dynamic range
- Includes control software
- Up to 192 kHz sampling rate
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
Free International Shipping (FEDEX)
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Australia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free international shipping to most countries including Australia , Egypt , Turkey , Malaysia , South Africa , Morocco , Lebanon , Jordan , Chile , Brazil , Mexico , Argentina , Austria , Italy , Belgium , Philippines , Indonesia and Portugal.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer (Monday-Friday). You will receive a Paypal invoice (request for payment) from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
Will my shipped order be delivered safely and securely?
All paid orders are shipped with FEDEX and are marked as "fragile" to ensure that your ordered items are securely and safely handled prior to final delivery. All orders are dispatched with protective casing and packaging to further protect your ordered item(s) during transit to your delivery address. All orders require signature upon delivery to ensure that your order is delivered to the correct recipient at the correct address , apartment number etc. If you are unavailable at the time of delivery your order will be held at the local FEDEX center and a calling card left at your delivery address to organise re-delivery or pickup.
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "[email protected]" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
Do we ship products internationally?
Yes. AudioBuy ship the majority of products to all international locations serviced by FEDEX. You will be notified during checkout if your order is unable to be delivered to your region due to manufacturer restrictions and/or other shipping restrictions. All listed prices are inclusive of FEDEX shipping costs.
What are our hours of operation?
Stock inventory and order related enquiries are monitored and responded to everyday excluding major public holidays (Monday-Sunday). Orders are physically shipped during standard FEDEX hours (Monday-Friday , excluding major public holidays). Paypal invoices for order processing are issued Monday-Friday excluding major public holidays.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "[email protected]" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with other retailers be aware that their prices may not include international or domestic FEDEX shipping costs.