When you run your sound through a Tube-Tech SMC 2B stereo multiband compressor, you hear results no other processor can deliver. This compressor is beyond powerful — run your tracks, mix, or live sound mains through it, and it will pump your music up! At AudioBuy.com.au Australia, we spent a day playing with these powerhouse dynamics units, and everybody was raving about them. It's no wonder many top mixing and mastering engineers swear by their SMC 2Bs. As soon as you hook one of these remarkable compressors up, you'll be blown away by its impact.
Using musically smooth 6dB/octave crossovers and three independent stereo opto-compressors on discrete all-tube signal paths, the SMC 2B treats your sound with multiband compression that's both colorful and incredibly punchy. It has all of the standard controls you'd expect from a compressor, including Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Makeup Gain, plus LED gain-reduction meters for each channel as well as post-summing output gain and stereo balance controls. Only the sidechain path and the power supply are solid state, so you know your audio will get the full benefits of the SMC 2B's tube circuitry. So, if you want incredible all-tube multiband opto-compression that lets you get more from your music, you need a Tube-Tech SMC 2B!
Tube-Tech SMC 2B Stereo Multiband Compressor Features
- All-tube opto-compressor-based multiband compression
- 3 bands per channel, with variable crossover frequencies between bands
- Variable Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, and Gain controls for all 3 bands
- Stereo sidechain
- Master output gain (off to +10dB)
- Balance control (+/-1,5dB)
- LED display shows gain reduction
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Clickless bypass relay
- Frequency response at -3dB: 5Hz to 60kHz
- Low noise: < -60dBu at 10dB gain
The Tube-Tech SMC 2B delivers hard-hitting all-tube multiband opto-compression that top engineers trust!