Built for professional gigging musicians with ergonomic beveled armrest and 4-band EQ with notch and phase feedback filters.
Guitars with ergonomic armrest bevels have long been only available to players buying from individual luthiers. Inspired by the likes of luthiers Grit Laskin and Kevin Ryan, Washburn was the first guitar maker to offer these designs to a wider spectrum of players. The Washburn WCG700WEK-D is the first all-solidwood model in the Comfort Series, pairing a torrefied Sitka spruce soundboard with solid African ovangkol sides and back on a Grand Auditorium body. The result is an instrument that benefits from the immediacy and volume of the vintage-aged torrefied top balanced by the warmth and body of ovangkol, a tonewood with characteristics somewhat between that of Indian rosewood and black walnut. The ergonomic armrest bevel, as well as the body binding, is mahogany, contributing to the instrument's instant comfort as well as classy looks.
With it's neutral C-shaped neck, 1-3/4" bone nut and Graphtech Ratio-Tuned tuning machines, the all-solid WCG700WEK-D Comfort Series is recognizable and a joy to play. Plugged in, the solidwood Comfort shines with its Fishman Prefix Blend system that allows the use of both the undersaddle pickup and onboard microphone to create warm acoustic vibes. It also includes an onboard tuner.
A hardshell case is included.
- Beveled mahogany armrest
- Mahogany binding
- Fishman Presys+ Blend EQ with built in mic and tuner
- Mahogany neck with 2-way trussrod
- 2-ring abalone/maple rosette
- D'Addario EXP-16 light set phosphor bronze strings
Find comfort in this guitar. Make it yours today. Order now.SPECIFICATIONS Body
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Torrefied Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Ovangkol
- Bracing pattern: Cathedral Peaked Scalloped X
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman Takamine
- Configuration: Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 4-band
- Feedback filter: Notch, Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Graph Tech Ratio Tuned with black buttons
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China